Friday, 3 February 2017

Things To Put in a Letter

Drawings
Postcards
Pressed flowers
Questions & Answers
Stickers
Joint Colouring
(send back & forth between you)
Photographs & Polariods
Tickets
Coins
Artwork
Sweets
Sequins
(glitter bombing your pen
pal is always good)
Doodles
Loves & Loathes
Leaves
Bookmarks
 A Spritz of your Favourite Perfume
Lists
(five things that made you smile,
last thing you saw/touched/smelt/heard...)
Stamps
Quotes
Confetti
Magazine Cut Outs
 Your Favourite Poem
Tickets & Postcards
And words. Chat about your life, your hobbies,
 the things that make you happy & things that don't.

 Over the past year, I've been writing to four of my friends that I was connected to through this blog. It may seem old fashioned, but the magic of writing letters is something that will never die out. Knowing that someone has taken the time to write those words just for you really is special. It doesn't have to be pages of writing if that isn't your thing - a couple of lines and a sprinkle of glitter will be more than enough to make someone smile.

READ MY PENPAL MARTI'S THOUGHTS ON WRITING LETTERS:
  http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Articles

11 comments :

  1. This is such a unique idea! I'd never thought of putting most of these things in a letter, but I can imagine they all work so well!

    Alice x
    girlabroad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved this post Beth! Here's to many more future collabs! xxx

    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Lovely to collab with you. X

      Delete
  3. These are BRILLIANT letter ideas. When I'm writing letters, I'm always stuck for things to add to letters so thanks so much! You have no idea how helpful this is. Must save this to my favourites to use in the future.

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you've found this helpful! Thank you so much. X

      Delete
  4. This is full of great ideas! I love thinking about what goodies to give my penpals so I loved this post! I've never thought about joint colouring before-that's such a unique idea! :D xx

    megansmegablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Megan! I always love your letters, so creative - will get your reply posted soon xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, I really enjoyed reading this! I look forward to your future posts:D Maybe you might like some of the things I write about on my blog.. feel free to have a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely give your blog a read. Xx

      Delete
  6. Ah I love all these ideas! I've had a pen pal for about four years now ((I think??)) and we've had a lot of fun writing each other back and forth. It's fun to have a person you stay in contact with only through letters. I want to try some of these out-- sometimes we'll send each other friendship bracelets but it would be fun to send other things too. Great ideas :)
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.