Friday, 16 December 2016

Ways To Wear Waves | HAIR


Over the past few months, some really tough stuff has been going on in my life and I had to take a step back from this blog for a while. My mind was focused on other things and I wasn't finding the right inspiration to blog. I think that sometimes a break, even from something that you love, is important in order for you to keep enjoying what you're doing.

Before I get started, just a quick note: a while ago, I wrote about a few changes that I wanted to make, one of which being that I make sure every post is perfect before I publish. This post kind of dodges that rule. I'd like this to have more of a relaxed vibe, I just want to chat with you, so what I say isn't going to be perfect. The photos are definitely not going to be perfect either; I had my camera on timer while I dashed into the shot before the ten seconds ran out! - but even though they won't be the best quality or always in focus, it was a lot of fun to do. Also, apologies in advance for the peice of hair that came out of the messy bun - yup, it's bugging me too. But hey, the perfect messy bun is never perfect! Haha.


My hair is a huge part of my life. The hours it takes to wash, dry, and style must add up to a big number. It's thick, often a little bit crazy, and I'm always on the look out for everyday hairstyles to minimize the time I have to spend on it. Recently, most often I have my hair straight - but I don't always have the time for that - which means leaving it natural and having waves. For all of these hairstyles, all you need is a brush, bobble, and a couple of hair grips.
Starting off with my (very!) messy bun, this is my favourite and most worn hairstyle. It's so easy and the perfect recovery for any bad hair day. All that I do is tip my head upside down, gather all of my hair together (as if you were doing a ponytail), wrap it loosely into a circle, and tie with a hair bobble. I always use hair grips to help secure it. If you'd like a neater look, you could do a tight pony tail first and then twist the hair into a donut shape, finishing off with a spray of hairspray.

 Next up, a high ponytail. Sometimes when my hair is wavy, it gets big and crazy due to it's thickness, and having it in a ponytail keeps it out of your face and in control. I like to have my hair down and over my shoulders, and this hairstyle allows you to do this whilst staying off your face; even though it's such a simple one, I had to include it because it's one of my favourites. To get the high pony, I just tip my head upside down and tie it together with a bobble. To make it a little bit different, I like to cover the bobble (just twist a section of hair round the bobble and pin it in place with a grip).
I love half up half down styles - they're so easy and quick, but again, keep your hair off your face. This half up ponytail is a hairstyle I wear really often. To do it, I sectioned off the top half of my hair (I found it easiest to do with my head upside down) and then tied that up like I would with a normal ponytail.
 Continuing from the last hairstyle, you could add an extra step and turn your half-up ponytail into a bun. All that you need to do is twist the ponytail and it should naturally curl together to form a bun. As you go, secure it with hair grips and, if it feels unsteady, you could finish off with some hairspray to keep it in place. If you wanted to make it a bit different, you could plait it or make it into a tighter bun).

What are your favourite hairstyles?

Related Articles

18 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. It takes ages so look after ahha, thank you! Going to go & give your blog a read now xx

      Delete
  2. You have such beautiful hair Beth! I'm forever wishing mine was that bit thicker or curlier but whatever, I'm lucky to have what I have ;) xxxxx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marti! No, you've got beautiful hair xx

      Delete
  3. This post admittedly made me want for my long hair again, haha!! I hope you're feeling better after everything that's happened, and Im so happy that you have found some more motivation to write again :) I love all the hairstyles and you look super pretty. My favourite one is probably the last one :) have a great day x
    rosiemaearoha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, your short hair suits you so much!! Thank you so much, Rosie - I'm really happy to be blogging again xx

      Delete
  4. You have such pretty thick hair! These are some of my favourite hairstyles, as they're so easy to do and barely take up any time. And I must say, they suit you a lot :):)
    ~Nurah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, they're so so easy & really quick to do xx

      Delete
  5. I love your hair - it's so pretty and curly :) I used to always want curly hair, and now it's naturally wavy so I guess I kinda got my wish haha :P

    I love the half up half down style personally - it's so easy and looks good as well, which is really nice since I don't like spending a lot of time on my hair haha, I get too impatient.

    And honestly, messy buns are never perfect like you said, so it's all good. I have yet to do a half decent bun haha :/ it always falls out in a matter of minutes.

    ~Iris
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Half up styles are definitely my favourites, so quick & easy! xx

      Delete
  6. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I really love your hair; it's so beautiful! I couldn't do half of these things because my hair's just too shiny so pins don't stick in it! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to be friends! I have the same problem with hair grips! Things that have helped me is to put them in bumpy side down, crossing them over, & straying them with hairspray. Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  7. My word. Your hair's so long and so nice. I have a friend who has hair similar to yours and some would kill for hair like that. Just look after it and appreciate what you have that others don't.

    Ps: Happy 2017!!
    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. The messy bun is so cute! I can't wait to read your future blog posts.
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hair also takes a long time to look after haha! I found this post really helpful. Pretty much everyday, I wear my hair a bit up and a bit down with a bow hair clip in it. I've been meaning to try a few different hairstyles, so I might give the messy bun style a go! :D

    megansmegablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you found it useful. I love half-up hairstyles as well! Thank you so much, Megan. xx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment - I'd love to hear your opinions. :) x

Powered by Blogger.